Serve seared salmon over an Orange-Lentil salad for a flavorful fish dish.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 5-oz. center-cut skinless salmon fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 1/2 cups Marinated Lentils
- Calories 433
- Fat 19g
- Satfat 3g
- Monofat 0.0g
- Polyfat 0.0g
- Protein 38g
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 9g
- Cholesterol 78mg
- Iron 5mg
- Sodium 816mg
- Calcium 45mg
How to Make It
In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Season salmon generously with salt and pepper; add to skillet top-side down and cook, undisturbed, until deep golden, about 4 minutes. Turn and sear on opposite side until just barely cooked through, 1 1/2 to 3 minutes longer, depending on thickness.
While salmon is cooking, stir orange zest, juice and red onion into lentils. Divide salad among 4 plates, top with salmon and serve.